Why should I choose MWA?

At McRea Woodson & Associates, we understand small business. MWA offers financial strategies to reduce expenses, streamline operations, improve internal controls, minimize tax liability, and increase profitability.

Do you provide other small business services, such as payroll processing?

MWA can provide payroll reporting, or assist with selecting a payroll service. At MWA, we understand that each client is unique, and we provide services customized to each client’s specific needs.

How do you bill for your services?

Our fees are based on the amount of time our CPAs and staff devote to servicing you. We are always happy to provide fee estimates for our services during your initial consultation. Our standard billing procedure is to bill monthly. We require payment by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card upon receipt.

How can I reduce my bill for tax preparation

There are measures you can take to help us increase efficiency when preparing your tax return. If you are a returning client, please take advantage of the tax organizer we send out each December. Use it to see which documents we used to prepare your tax return last year and to double-check that you have all of the documents you need this year. If you own a business, please organize your invoices and receipts and reconcile your check register or QuickBooks file to your bank.

What type of accounting services do you provide?

We offer a wide range of services, including Financial StatementsAccounting/Bookkeeping/Write-UpBusiness Consulting and Advisory ServicesPayroll ServicesEstate & Trust Tax Preparation, Buying or Selling a Business, IRS Representation, Retirement PlanningSales Tax Services, and Business Entity Selection. We serve a variety of individuals, not-for-profit organizations, corporations, and partnerships from various industries, and we make serving each client our highest priority.

What if I made a mistake on a prior year tax return?

The IRS will often catch math errors and alert you to them. If you receive a notice from the IRS, we are very experienced with the audit process and will guide you through it to ensure the best possible outcome. If you left out income or didn’t claim a credit or deduction, it’s also possible to file an amended return correcting the mistake. If you are in this situation, we can discuss the options that are available to you.