We are seeking an accounting assistant to join our team and help deliver awesome client services.
In this role, you will handle multiple clients daily, use organizational and analytical skills and maintain attention to details. Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed to provide consistent communication.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain responsibility for preparation and upkeep of multiple client general ledger files, journal entry preparation, account analysis, and reconciliation, accounts payable and vendor invoices, and financial statement preparation.
- Prepare specialized monthly financial reports requested by clients.
- Maintain excellent customer communications/relationships with all accounting and tax clients.
- Client payroll tax compliance.
- Client sales tax compliance.
- Assist with tax return data entry.
- Provide assistance and support to senior accountants and partners as requested.
- Be timely and follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate a balance between building rapport and getting the work done.
Desired qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Associate Degree in Accountancy and two years of practical, related work experience.
- QuickBooks experience is required.
- Excellent use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Polished, professional demeanor, confidence, and energy.
- Friendliness and a cheerful, optimistic disposition.
- Ability to protect the integrity of strictly confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and use appropriate decision-making.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and show effective time-management skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and comfort with learning new technology and programs.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and references.